Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine (GPLC)

Foro general ciencia, medicina, nutrición, salud pública, política

Moderador: Fisio

Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine (GPLC)

Notapor Fisio » Mié, 20 Ago 2014, 15:35

Alguna experiencia con GPLC? Me he pillado un bote y parece tener efectos sobre la inducción de óxido nítrico, incluso a dosis menores de las reportadas en los niveles (surrogate) de nitrato/nitrito. Es un suplemento caro por cierto.

Alguien más?

Long-term glycine propionyl-l-carnitine supplemention and paradoxical effects on repeated anaerobic sprint performance

The effects of GPLC supplementation on anaerobic work capacity and lactate accumulation appear to be dosage dependent. Four weeks of GPLC supplementation at 3.0 and 4.5 g/day resulted in reduced mean values of power output with greater rates of DEC compared with baseline while 1.5 g/day produced higher mean values of MP and PP with modest increases of DEC. Supplementation of 1.5 g/day also produced a significantly lower rate of lactate accumulation per unit power output compared with 3.0 and 4.5 g/day. In conclusion, GPLC appears to be a useful dietary supplement to enhance anaerobic work capacity and potentially sport performance, but apparently the dosage must be determined specific to the intensity and duration of exercise.

http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/35

Bloomer RJ, Tschume LC, Smith WA: Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine modulates lipid peroxidation and nitric oxide in human subjects. Int J Vitam Nutr Res; 79(3): 131-141, 2009

Bloomer RJ, Smith WA, Fisher-Wellman KH. Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine increases plasma nitrate/nitrite in resistance trained men. J Int Soc Sports Nutr; 4(1): 22, 2007

Reznick AZ, Kagan VE, Ramsey R. Antiradical effects in L-propionyl carnitine protection of the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury: the possible role of iron chelation. Arch Biochem Biophys: 296: 394-401, 1992.

Smith WA, Fry AC, Tschume LC, Bloomer RJ. Effect of glycine propionyl-L-carnitine on aerobic and anaerobic exercise performance. Int J Sport. Nutr Exerc Metab; 18(1): 19-36, 2008.

Jacobs PL, Goldstein ER, Blackburn W, Orem I, Hughes JJ. GPLC produces enhanced anaerobic work capacity with reduced lactate accumulation in resistance trained males. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 6(9): Epub Apr 2, 2009.

Jacobs PL, Goldstein ER, Blackburn W, Orem I, Hughes JJ. Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine produces enhanced anaerobic work capacity with reduced lactate accumulation in resistance trained males. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 6(9): Epub Apr 2, 2009.

Stephens FB, Evans CE, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Greenhaff PL: Carbohydrate ingestion augments L-carnitine retention in humans. J Appl Physiol: 102(3): 1065–1070, 2007.

Jacobs PL, Goldstein ER, Blackburn W, Orem I, Hughes JJ. Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine produces enhanced anaerobic work capacity with reduced lactate accumulation in resistance trained males. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 6(9): Epub Apr 2, 2009.
Fisio
Administrador del Sitio

Volver a Muscleblog